IAG - Subaru 02-14 WRX/04-21 STI/05-09 LGT/OXT/04-13 FXT - Stage 4 Extreme EJ25 Subaru Closed Deck Short Block
Secured and trusted checkout with
The IAG Stage 4 Extreme Short Block starts with brand new Subaru 2.5L EJ25 engine case halves. The case halves are split and the main webs are CNC machined in our Haas VF-4SS CNC mill for 9.5mm pins to reduce distortion and movement of the case in extreme conditions.
The case halves are then reassembled and IAG machines the case to accept the IAG CLOSED Deck Inserts that transform the block into a solid deck. The unique inserts feature small passages that allow needed coolant flow to the deck surface. The case halves are then CNC machined for our new Fire-Lock head gasket solution that is loosely derived from diesel technology where a counterbore step is machined around each cylinder bore allowing specially sized fire rings to drop into the machined area and head gasket bores.
The Stage 4 Extreme case is CNC drilled and tapped to fit 14mm head studs. Utilizing the new Fire-Lock gasket solution along with larger IAG / ARP 14mm head studs, nuts, and washers reduce the chances of the heads lifting under extreme boost conditions. The short block is then Deck Plate bored and honed to 99.75mm in our in-house Sunnen SV-30 the most advanced automotive cylinder hone available. IAG's in-house honing process is able to set custom piston to wall clearances to best fit your needs.
The modified case halves are then assembled using an IAG Billet crankshaft by Callies that is matched to ACL or King race main bearings. Custom IAG TRI-BEAM +2mm connecting rods by Manley and ARP 625+ rod bolts are utilized along with ACL or King race rod bearings. The case halves are sealed with OEM sealant and ARP main bolts. IAG-Spec 99.75mm Custom Forged Pistons with .250" / .927" wrist pins with electroless nickel plated tops and ring area are chosen to finish the Stage 4 Extreme short block.
IAG's custom pistons feature a lightweight design while increasing strength where you need it and are designed to work exclusively with the IAG +2mm Tri-Beam connecting rods. The wrist pin is short and is made from strong H13 tool steel. The pin piers are profiled to increase the pin boss strut. Finally, IAG's pistons feature a 25% larger oil ring for reduced oil consumption and added gas ports that aid ring sealing in high boost conditions.
Stage 4 Extreme Closed Deck Includes:
- Case Halves -Converted to Closed Deck from brand new OEM Subaru case halves, bored and honed to 99.75mm.
- Pinned Mains -Machine case for 9.5mm pinned mains and lined honed.
- Fire-Lock -IAG Fire-Lock receiver groove machining, latest solution to prevent head gasket failure on high horsepower and high boost Subaru's - *IAG Fire-Lock head gaskets required
- Head Studs -Machined for 14mm Head Studs.
- Pistons -IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electroless Nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .927" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods -IAG-Spec Tri-Beam Connecting Rods with ARP 625+ Rod Bolts.
- Rod / Main Bearings -ACL or King Race Bearings.
- Crank -Billet Crank by Callies
- Case / Main Bolts -ARP Main Bolts.
Additional Options Available:
- Head Studs -IAG / ARP Spec 14mm head studs, nuts, and washers
- Head Gaskets -IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* Required for use with this short block
- Oil Pump -Subaru JDM 12mm High Volume Oil Pump or 11mm Subaru Oil Pump
- IAG Oil Pickup - Upgraded oil pickup featuring heavy gauge steel tubing, 2 point bracket & mesh filter
- IAG Oil Baffle - Upgraded oil control baffle and windage tray
- IAG Oil Pickup & Baffle Set - Upgraded oil pickup, oil control baffle, and windage tray
- Hardware / Seal Option -(Includes: Wrist pin plugs, washers, separator cover, bolts, etc. In case you don't want to transfer from the original engine).
- 8.5:1 on D Cylinder Heads (EJ255)
- 8.2:1 on B, V, and W EJ257 Heads with standard thickness gasket.
Head Gasket Required:
- *IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* PN# IAG-ENG-1740
Power: The IAG Stage 4 Extreme Short Block has a power output rating of 1100BHP.
*All IAG short blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
Oil Pickup / Oil Control Baffle / Windage Tray Options:
The IAG Performance Subaru WRX / STI oil pickup is designed to replace the OEM EJ25 oil pickup, which is prone to failure. It's a well-known fact that the OEM oil pickups often crack and fail which, in most cases, destroys your engine from lack of oil pressure. To avoid the cracking failures seen in the OEM oil pickup tubes, the oil pickup is manufactured from heavy-gauge steel tubing that is 2x thicker than OEM. Additionally, it features a flange machined from 3/8" stainless steel to mate with the block, sealed with a Viton O-ring. The integrated heavy-duty mounting bracket uses two mounting points rather than the OEM single mounting point. Furthermore, the oil pickup features a formed bottom with an OEM-style mesh screen for proper filtration. The TIG-welded oil pickup's increased material thickness, matched with the two-point heavy-duty mounting bracket, helps ensure that it does not fatigue and fail over time like an OEM unit.
The IAG Oil Control Baffle and Windage Tray System is designed to limit potential blow-by and prevent oil starvation in your Subaru's WRX / STI EJ engine during high rpm and high g-force driving. Through the use of Viton one-way flapper valves on our baffle and louvers in our windage tray, oil is prevented from reentering the upper crankcase area and is directed down into the oil pan to ensure plentiful supply to the oil pickup. IAG's integrated two-piece Oil Control Baffle and Windage Tray System is designed to work with our own oil pickup, as well as other oil pickups*. The baffle fits neatly in the engine crankcase area, allowing normal installation of the OEM oil pan and popular aftermarket pans.
Oil Pickup & Baffle Install Notes
- EJ20 Subaru WRX engines require EJ25 oil pans for fitment
- IAG oil pickup spacer (Part# IAG-ENG-2081SP) is required when using IAG oil pickup with Killer B Oil Pan.
- *Does not work with Moroso oil pans or pickups
- Subaru 05-09 Legacy GT
- Subaru 04-13 Forester XT
- Subaru 02-14 WRX
- Subaru 04-21 STI