StopTech - Sport Series Cryo Drilled Left Front Rotor - Subaru 05-12 WRX / 05-17 STI
Secured and trusted checkout with
For drivers who need something even tougher than a standard StopTech Sport rotor, but are not ready for a big brake kit, StopTech offers cryogenically treated Cryo rotors. Cryogenic treatment is a one-time stress relief process that involves both cold and heat cycling of the brake rotor. Using a proprietary computer-controlled process over a 24-hour period, the cryo machine gradually cools the rotors down to -300 º F, then gradually brings them up to over +300º F, and finally back to room temperature. This conditioning of the rotor improves its service life, especially in fleet and emergency vehicle applications.
StopTech Sport Rotors are also available with an optional cryogenic treatment. Although cryogenic treatment is invisible to the naked eye, many fleet customers are sold on its ability to extend the service life of the brake rotor.
Deep cryogenic treatment is a one-time process that permanently improves the performance and wear characteristics of metal components, from brake rotors and engine parts to machine tools and gear sets. All new StopTech Sport Rotors may be ordered with cryogenic treatment for an additional fee.
- Black E-Coat's anti-corrosive coating for better rotor balance and cleaner-looking components.
- Symmetric vane, split-core castings for uniform heat distribution.
- Rotors are inspected for balance and mill-corrected to a tolerance of less than 2oz
- Double disc ground friction surface for optimal performance and service life.
- The corrosive coating protects much better than competitors spray paint
- 2005 - 2012 Subaru WRX
- 2005 - 2017 Subaru STI