PRERACING IS NOW HIRING!
Posted: May 17, 2016
Like high-performance cars and a great work environment? Then this is the place for you. One of Portland’s largest high-performance automotive facilities is looking to add to its great team as it expands its team to include the next great team member. We are looking for a high-performance automotive service technician who can bring a level of service excellence and a desire to help grow the firm.
Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced technical position, display exceptional troubleshooting skills and have the ability to think outside the box. Prospective employees must demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of aftermarket high-performance automotive systems. Please apply at the link below and complete the Core Values Index assessment when applying for this great opportunity.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing job-specific tasks such as engine tune-ups, troubleshooting, engine diagnostic, and other job-related tasks.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years or more experience
- ASE Certifications (encouraged)
- Automotive Technician
- Diagnosis and repair of EFI Vehicles
- Forced Induction Systems
- Dealership Experience
- Welding and Fabrication
- EFI Personal Project