GrimmSpeed - Subaru 02-07 Impreza/WRX/STi - Hood-Struts
Secured and trusted checkout with
High-Lift Hood Struts. There is no substitute.
Tired of that ugly OEM hood prop blocking your view of that beautiful boxer engine? Always wanted to open your hood with just a couple of fingers? Annoyed that the hood prop is always in your way while you’re working in your engine bay? GrimmSpeed to the rescue.
With meticulous design and quality materials, this kit delivers in a big way. We hate to use the "P" word, but designing this kit to be perfectly balanced was a requirement. Lift the hood halfway and you'll find a generous neutral zone. Leave your hood here for a sleek look at that local car show.
Alternatively, a flick of the wrist is all that's required to coax your hood into its fully opened position. To close, simply hold the hood below its neutral zone and let go. No need to risk scratches or deformation by pushing your hood closed.
- Opens Hood 35% Higher Than OEM - Better access and light for working
- Perfect Hood Balance - Struts are balanced for all GD chassis hoods
- Eliminates OEM Hood Prop - No risk of hood falling, more access when wrenching
- CNC Machined Brackets - Machined for a perfect fit
- Premium Quality Struts - Larger strut body for smoother operation, made in the USA!
- Durable Hard Anodized Finish - Protects brackets from corrosion with an OEM finish
- FARO Arm Designed - Allows more precise design and a stronger, better fitting product
We began by mapping the hood and engine bay for a number of test vehicles in 3D CAD. From there, a lifting linkage was designed, analyzed, prototyped, and tested. Our in-house 3D printer facilitated a fast, efficient design cycle and we were able to move into production using some of the world's most advanced CNC machining equipment. What that means for you is a system that will fit and operate correctly, every single time, for years to come.
The fender ball studs were also designed specifically for the application, to adapt our high-quality, American Made struts to the metric threads found on your Subaru. What about those struts, you ask? They're beefy. Custom built to our exacting specifications, these struts feature a large diameter body that provides excellent opening force without sacrificing smoothness and control.