GrimmSpeed - Subaru 08-14 STI - Front Mount Intercooler Kit (Raw Core / Red Pipe)
Secured and trusted checkout with
Meticulous Engineering, Unparalleled Craftsmanship
GrimmSpeed Intercoolers have set the gold standard for how a high-performance heat exchanger should be crafted. Our intercoolers have always maintained the delicate balance of low-pressure drop and high-temperature rejection, which is vital to safety and performance for your turbocharged Subaru engine. How can we possibly improve upon what is already touted as the best? The answer is exactly what enthusiasts have been anticipating for years: Introducing the GrimmSpeed 08-14 STI Front Mount Intercooler Kits!
- 27”x11”x4" Cross Flow Core – Durable Bar and Plate Construction, balanced perfectly between pressure drop and heat rejection
- Cast Aluminum End Tanks – Designed for equal flow distribution and minimum pressure drop
- Steel Bolt-on Mounting Brackets – Robust mounting solution to minimize movement and maximize adjustability
- No Permanent Chassis Modification – Light bumper cutting will be necessary to fit the large core (fog light delete required for 08-10 style bumper)
- Compatible with Factory or GrimmSpeed Intake – Removal of snorkel required; GrimmSpeed Intake recommended for maximum performance
- Pressure Tested – Cleaned, sealed, and guaranteed to work prior to delivery
- Available in Raw Aluminum or Satin Black Powder coat – Uncoated or resilient powder coat finish to protect against rock chips
- High Quality, Pre-applied GrimmSpeed Vinyl Decal – Show your pride for the BEST front mount intercooler on the market, or easily peel it off
- No Tune Required – No change in maximum boost or time to spool so it's safe to install and drive
- Welded and Inspected by Hand in Minneapolis, MN - For consistency and top quality control
The core is the most important aspect of the intercooler. It’s difficult to design the most efficient core possible: get it right and you have phenomenal results, get it wrong and you end up with an expensive paperweight. We were able to channel over a decade of intercooler production knowledge into creating a totally custom design from the ground up with our tested internal and external specifications to maximize the performance and deliver the best cooling option on the market. The beautiful cast aluminum end tanks were carefully designed alongside the core for the most efficient and optimal flow characteristics for all driving situations. The result of our hard work is an intercooler designed, welded, and tested right here in Minneapolis, MN by a team of skilled engineers and welders with extremely minimal pressure drop and extraordinary heat rejection.
Along with amazing performance, perfect vehicle fitment and mounting are essential. We designed robust steel mounting brackets that will keep the unit from shifting around even during hard track driving. We learned from other manufacturer’s shortcomings and improved upon them. Unlike other kits, our 08-14 front mount intercoolers retain a HUGE core but do not require modifying the chassis or replacing/relocating the washer tank or coolant reservoir in order for the piping to fit (light bumper cutting will be necessary to accommodate the large core and a fog light delete is required for 08-10 style bumpers, see install video below).
An impressive core like the one we’ve designed means nothing without a complimentary, properly engineered piping kit. GrimmSpeed piping kits are comprised of thick aluminum tubing, precisely machine-bent with large radius bends for maximum flow and perfect fitment every time. The pipes are bead rolled at each end to lock together with the included 5-ply silicone couplers, so you don’t have to worry about blow-offs under high boost. They are then covered in a gorgeous, durable red or black wrinkle powder coat finish that looks incredible and matches your other GrimmSpeed parts!
- Thick .090” Wall, 2.5” Diameter 6061 Aluminum Piping – Beadrolled and CNC mandrel-bent on a large radius for maximum flow; lightweight and heat dispersant
- Precision Pipe Routing - Retain factory components and avoid unnecessary trimming
- Retains Factory Fog Light Mounting on 10-14 Style Bumpers - 08-10 bumpers will require fog light modification/delete
- 5-ply Silicone Couplers – Custom-molded and reinforced to last through demanding environments
- Breeze Hi-Torque Liner Clamps – Stainless steel for lasting looks and grip with an integrated liner to prevent damage to the silicone
- Durable Red or Black Wrinkle Powder Coat – Keeps pipes protected against corrosion while looking great. A perfect match to your other GrimmSpeed parts!
- OEM Bypass Valve Location – Eases installation and allows for use of most aftermarket BPVs
As with other FMIC kits, the GrimmSpeed Front Mount Intercooler requires the removal of your factory bumper beam in order to fit its massive core. The factory bumper beam aids in chassis rigidity and adds reinforcement to your factory bumper cover. To help keep chassis deflection at bay and to keep any large dents out of your front fascia we’re offering the GrimmSpeed Bumper Bar as an optional add-on. Our bumper bar is constructed of thick mild steel, welded to robust mounting plates that are machined for weight savings. The entire bumper bar is covered in a durable black powder coat for good looks and longevity!
BUMPER BAR SPECS
- Thick .125” Wall, 1.375” Diameter DOM Mild Steel – Designed and built tough to outlast your vehicle
- Robust .375” Mounting Plates – Thick for strength, skeletoned for weight savings
- Reduces Chassis Deflection – Maintains chassis rigidity vs not running a bumper beam [bar not intended to be a substitute for the OEM crash protection]
- Wrinkle Black Coating – Durable powder coat for a stealthy look
- 08-14 Subaru STI